16th December will always be a day to remember. A historic test win against the Aussies in Australia does not happen every other day!
Well, I just sat on till the match ended before I went to the office...It has been some time since I bunked going to school, college or office for the sake of a cricket match. Though I have done it for the World Cup football or the Olympics, cricket had taken a back seat since long.
I would second any proposal to make the test named after Dravid. I feel his performance is commendable in more than many ways. The intensity he brought on to the effort, could serve as an example to people in various fields. Rahul has had to prove himself the tougher way. Century after Century gave him recognition as a good player, but the "Dravid" test has put him in the echelons of greatness.
Frankly, I never dreamt that India could pull off a win, down under. So I have had to eat my words. However, I am very happy doing so.
But has the Aussie juggernaut stopped? I have my doubts...
No comments:
Post a Comment